According to the sources, thus the Valve has announced that the steam for Linux can be played Windows PC games along with the support of Open VR as well as Steamworks. Now, this could be the main result depends on the efforts of the company in terms of improving the performance of Windows compatibility solutions as well as the quality. When it comes to supporting the Linux compatibility layers, thus the tools integrating into Steam in order to run the games despite developed for Linux. If you see the final result, thus the open source distribution of wine is mainly said to be the Proton when it comes to Linux version of Steam.
Features of Steam for Linux
If you are looking for the features of Steam for Linux to know, then you can follow the essential features below. It will be helpful for you to gather more things about it.
- When compared to Vanilla wine, thus the performance of multi-threaded games is highly improved.
- One can flawlessly widen the display as per convenience can play full-screen games. Thus the full screen support has been better.
- Thus the windows games can be installed and directly running from the Linux Steam client and mainly complete with the OpenVR support as well as Steamworks.
- Now, the games will be automatically started to recognize all the controllers which are mainly supported by the Steam and one can expect any controller.
- The DirectX 11 as well as 12 implementations mainly depend on the Vulkan and result in developed game compatibility.
List of Steam for Linux Windows PC games
If you are seeking for the Steam for Linux Windows PC games to know, then here is the right opportunity to have a look at below mentioned list of games.
- Google Earth VR
- Doki Doki Literature Club
- Beat Saber
- Doom VFR
- Tekken 7
- Ultimate Doom
- Tropico 4
- Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
- The Last Remnant
Apart from above mentioned games, one can expect more titles based on the testing results. Using an override switch over the Steam client, thus the fan users are showing their interest in terms of playing the non-listed games as well. However, thus the users can vote their favorite games when it comes to Steam Play with the help of Platform wish listing. According to the sources, the Steam Play whitelisted games will not be available for purchase where recently Valve’s Pierre-Loup stated in the post on the official group of Steam for Linux.
So, people who all are keenly waiting for Steam for Linux to run Windows PC games, it is the right time for you to experience as it finally arrives. Also, the post by Valve’s Pierre warns that the games involved with complex DRM. However, it will be difficult to support and leads us to think about the latest PC titles will join the list mainly considering the dependence on the consumer. It is essential to know that one can expect more games to be added to the list shortly.