Those days are gone when people can root the Android smartphone which just a few clicks. With the development of new Android version, the security of the device is always updating make it difficult for the developer to breach it. Just a few years ago the developer could develop software that would crack the phone even before it released on the market. Compared to those days today developers spend months to develop the crack and then find a way to root the device. The security of smartphones a few years ago was rather easy to exploit compared to today.
Motochopper was among few renowned software that could root a device in just a few steps. Motochopper dates back to 2012, it was developed initially to root the Motorola devices, but later it seems to work on some other no-Motorola devices.
This tool is straightforward to use and saves a lot of time of user from going through a painful pre-long process of recovery flashing, patched boot image and also installing SuperSU files to start customising the device. To make use of Motochopper, you need a compatible handset, a PC to run this tool and a USB cable to connect your device to the PC.
Xda developers developed this One-Click Root and apparently its firmware support Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD and Atrix HD having Android 2.3 Gingerbread to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Later it was discovered that devices like Samsung S2/S3/S4 also the AT&T, T-Mobile having Android 4.1 and 4.2 also support motochopper.
Here are the Features of Motochopper that made it most popular in its days.
These tools don’t need to install like others. After you download the application merely open the run.bat file for window and you can start the rooting process.
The interface of motochopper is built similar to a windows command prompt, which you will find rather simple to use.
These tools have firmware support that can root a device that is compatible with Android 2.3 to Android 4.3 in just a few clicks. It will not work with the Android version that is above the mentioned version.
Doesn’t Require Internet
Motochopper works even without the Internet. It doesn’t require Internet to works, and you just need to launch the application and follow the on-screen instructions.
The tool is compatible with all generations of Windows from XP to Windows 10. It is also compatible with Linux and OS X.
How to Root your Android Device using Motochopper?
- See that you have the latest USB driver available for your device, if not then install it first.
- After you download the file, extract it.
- Next, open the setting menu on the device. In setting go to developer’s options and enable the USB debugging option.
- Now just connect the device to your PC via the USB cable.
- Now go the application folder double-click on “run.bat” is you are using Window, this should open the window similar to the command prompt. Now if you are a Linux or Mac user, you have to click on “./run.sh”.
- Then just follow the on-screen instruction and wait for your device to be rooted.
- Once the device is rooted, you should see SuperSU app installed.
Now your device is rooted. So, if you have any device in your drawer having Android Version between 2.3 to 4.3 then take it out and gear it up for some tweaks.